Monday, April 18, 2011

The Almost Puppy and Easter Eggs

While walking down a pedestrian street, I came across a puppy for sale. I could try to describe it with words, but I don't think I could do this little guy justice. So, a picture:
Cue the awwws

SOO cute, right?? Gahhh! The puppy was on sale for only 320rmb (less than $50)! I wanted to buy it, but a local friend stopped me, saying that puppies being sold on the street are not treated well by their owners, usually have diseases, and will probably not live past two weeks. A real bummer... Tear*

On a happier note, today, some Yali students and I decorated Easter Eggs in preparation for the first Yali Middle School Easter Egg Hunt. None of them had done this before, and some of them didn't even know of the holiday. Nevertheless, they weren't afraid to get their hands dirty. Great fun was had by all, and the final products look pretty good (if not particularly strange).
This one is a little risque... >.<Happy Easter to everyone!

2 comments:

devon said...

Awwww, what do you want to do when you get back to the tricities?

Gang said...

Hang out with YOU!